Monday, May 14, 2012

iMovie

This past weekend I worked on my iMovie. I had a hard time trying to come up with a topic that I could make a movie out of. After seeing the videos we saw in class, I realized I didn't have a very unique story to tell. After deciding on my topic, I began finding pictures and wrote my script. I feel like that portion of the digital storytelling assignment took the longest. Once I had my pictures and my script ready to go all I did was record my voice into the iMovie and put my pictures in. This process went smoothly. I decided to finish my digital storytelling this weekend because I have a very busy schedule this week and I wanted to make sure I got it finished.

After making an iMovie, I feel like I would be able to help my students and guide them on how to use iMovie. I still feel like I could have more exposure and explore more features of the iMovie, but I think my movie turned out good. The topic I chose gave me a lot of pictures to use, so I think that helps and adds more to the movie.

I was very nervous having to create an iMovie since I have only made one once in 201. I had to "re-learn" and explore the features before. I was talking to my neighbor who is a teacher in Ames and I was telling her about my iMovie and the iPads we had been exploring in class. I think it is sad because I hear from teachers that have the access to technology have no interest in implementing it into their classroom. She was telling me she has two iPads but knows nothing about how to use them and has no interest in working with technology. I think as college students we are lucky to have been taught at least some technology and the benefits of it so we are prepared to implement it into our classrooms.

3 comments:

  1. I feel like we had the same experience working on our movies this weekend! It really did work a lot more smoothly than I thought it would go. I agree, writing the script and finding the pictures did take the longest! My story doesn't seem as exciting as the ones we watched in class. I can't wait to see your movie!

    I can't believe that a teacher has access to two iPads in her classroom and has no interest in using them. We really are lucky to have been introduced and have experience using different kinds of technology in the classroom. You should ask her if you can have her two iPads for your classroom. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think there are some teachers who do use iMovie or similar video editing programs. Don't give up! In fact, I hope to connect with a teacher (in Ames) who used digital storytelling in their high school English classroom. If you are comfortable with it, you will probably think of classroom ideas. Hope you will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was nervous as I began using iMovie again as well. But like you said, I had to relearn the program and I feel like that makes the knowledge I have of how to use the program stronger!

    It is sad that teachers who have technology in their classrooms don't know how to use it! I wonder if the district provided a training course for the teachers receiving the technology. I know when I was student teaching in Ames teachers at my school held their own informational classes after school to help their fellow teachers learn. I think that was incredibly nice and I would definitely attend those meetings and/or put them on if I am knowledgeable enough!

    ReplyDelete