Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Web 2.0 Tools

I really enjoyed class today discussing and exploring the Web 2.0 tools. After going through and look through a lot of them, I realize how valuable these tools can be as a future teacher. I never knew these were out there and I think it takes a lot less stress not having to "re-make" certain things when they are already done for you. (Example: graphic organizers) I wish we would have known about these Web 2.0 tools during classes at Iowa State because I think I could have used a lot of the ideas within my student teaching placements.

One of my favorite Web 2.0 tools that we looked at was the Online Graphic Organizers. During student teaching, I used graphic organizers many times during literacy instruction. It helped students see their material visually and understand what they were writing. I think this is one Web 2.0 tool that I will use in my future.

The MadLibs was also a fun activity. This would be great for students who are learning their grammar (adverbs, verbs, adjectives, etc.) As the teacher, you could assess students in these areas from their MadLibs. Plus, it's a fun and interactive!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed looking at the Web 2.0 tools in class too! I found a couple of blogs created by teachers giving many examples of tools to use in class. I am excited to see all the web 2.0 tools the rest of the class puts on our wiki.

    I used graphic organizers in my student teaching experiences too! I think the graphic organizer web 2.0 tool would have been very useful when planning my lessons and finding supporting worksheets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Madlibs too! In one of my practicums, I taught a lesson using a mad lib as part of my lesson.

    I really enjoyed exploring the Web 2.0 tools. There are so many out there, and before yesterday, it never seemed like I was able to find many great ones on the internet when I tried to do a search for them! There was too many that popped up and they were hard to sort through. It's great to know some websites that have already gone through the trouble of sorting the good sites from the bad. I'm very thankful to have the class wiki to refer to whenever I need a reference to look at for using technology in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete